Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Friday, February 18, 2005

What a Week...

Well, TGIF!

This week has been a bit crazy here at work, last minute changes and problems required a couple of late nights... Hopefully everything is fixed up now, fingers and toes are crossed...

An interesting (but very annoying) thing happened to me yesterday. I got my first bit of Cell Phone Spam. Not text message spam, but an actual spam phone call. Here is how it goes:
The phone rings (obviously)

I answer...

A pleasant voice proceeds to tell me how I have won a trip to Orlando...

OK, I think, what's the deal...

She (it is a recording) continues to tell me that I will only have to pay a small fee of $19.99 to process it, blah blah blah, then I am off to Orlando!

I just hit the end button and forgot about it.
Of course I talked about it with my co-workers and then this morning one of them told me that they got the same phone call. If you listen to the whole message it tells you to press 9 to accept the charges (I guess the $19.99 will be billed to your phone) but supposedly when you do this you are actually giving them permission to use your phone number for whatever purposes they want. Hello $1,000.00 cell phone bill...

If anyone has any info about this it would be good to hear, got to stop the spammers and scammers...

Of course if you are one of the spammers or scammers I got two words for you...

Knock Knock!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home