Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

On Skiing... and Greed...

Here I am, back at work after a 4 day weekend. It is amazing how a few days away from work causes you to completely forget everything. That's the good part. Unfortunately when you get back you have to somehow remember it all. I wasn't even in the door before my boss started asking me to do stuff. Oh well, that's why I get paid the big money... not ! ;-)

Anyway, we had an awesome weekend at Mont Sainte Anne. The weather was incredible, we were actually too hot as opposed to the way too cold we experienced at Sugarloaf last year. The skiing was excellent, too, and nobody broke anything! There were a few mishaps, some backwards skiing by Jillian, and lots to eat and drink. All in all a very successful ski weekend getaway.

Now for the greed portion of my post... I did let it all ride on the Pats, because I was very confident that they would win it all. However, a simple win only paid 1.39... Not a lot of return on your investment. The point spread was 7 so, in my infinite wisdom, I decided that the Pats would cover the spread. I predicted that they would win by 10. Well, things were going great, and the Pats had the Eagles by 10 with about 7 minutes to go in the game. I thought I was pretty smart. Well, to make a long story short, I am dumb, and all of my "betting money" is gone... Oh well, I just wanted to make it through the NFL season without adding any more money to the pot and I did. I guess I shouldn't have gotten greedy at the end...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home