Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Swap Meet Louie...

So I am listening to all of my tunes on shuffle, and I just hit Sir Mix-A-Lot, "Swap Meet Louie". What a laugh... I wonder whatever happened to this guy... I suppose a Google search would do, but I will leave that up to someone else...

Anyway, most people know this guy from his infamous "Baby Got Back", but he had a lot of way better tunes than that, "Swap Meet Louie" being one of them. The gist of the song is that little Mary Pong sells fake Louie Vuitton clothes and accessories at the Swap Meet. What makes Sir Mix-A-Lot so great was the lines he used in his tunes. My favourite line from this one is when Mix says:

"I'm sockin' more fools than Patrick Swayze..."

They just don't use great lines like that anymore. When I think back to the Rap (not Hip-Hop) music that we used to listen to we had it all... Mix, Ice-T, Run DMC, NWA, etc...

How can Ice Cube go from Straight Outta Compton to Are We There Yet? It makes no sense...


1 Comments:

Blogger birdwoman said...

Ice Cube can do that because he's extremely talented and versatile. Doesn't mean all the rappers can, tho.

(*)>

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home