Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Election...

I guess I have to say something about the election in the US, it is almost impossible to avoid this topic. I have to say that I am disappointed by the results so far, I really can't understand why the American people would want George W. Bush to be president for four more years. Anyway, it's their country...

It's funny how it affects us here in Canada, our economy has grown quite a bit recently, and our dollar is up, but is this really a good thing? Actually pretty much every major currency in the world has gained substantially on the US dollar over the last few months. I don't know, you would think that the American people would be sick of Iraq, sick of a faltering currency, sick of job losses, and sick of Bush. I guess not...

Here is a very interesting page that lists all of the names (with pictures) of all of the US soldiers that have died since they invaded Iraq. 1,117 so far. How many more?


4 Comments:

Blogger Feithline said...

I'm with you on wondering if the rise of our dollar is a good thing in the long run. I stayed up till three watching the returns come in, and I can't recall ever being so interested in politics - not even in my own country's politics. Oy. So disappointed.

:Sigh:

F

3:56 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Tim Pintsch,

maybe because you only stick around for 30 seconds you do not realize that I do not write much about politics. The only time I write about politics is when I come a cross a good GWB joke. At least we will have 4 more years of those... and in this instance I just couldn't resist.

As for Canada, we know a lot of other things, I am surprised you forgot about hockey, mounties, beavers, cold, etc... eh?

Oh right, you don't care about us. I guess I didn't understand your logic there.

As far as logic is concerned I have to shake my head at your comment. Who was trying to tell anyone how to run their country? I was just pointing out how bad a job GWB has done, and the number 1,117 is a pretty important number. I wonder why his daughters are not enlisted?

Your election affects us here in Canada, that is a fact, nothing more, nothing less. So while you do not care about us because you "are selfish because we have been forced to be. " we have to care about you, because we are forced to...

4:56 PM

 
Blogger Christine said...

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your perspective. I understand your frustration. However, you state you have been forced to be selfish I must disagree. You have chosen this path. No doubt your response will be that Sept 11th forced the US to this attitude but you would be wrong. America's refusal to consider the world in a wider context than how things affected you forced this situation. Only by listening to the outside world can the situation be changed. In case you were unaware there are 192 other countries on this planet. Yes the US has the largest economy and is basically the leader of the free world but with leadership comes responsibility. Responsibility to keep Americans safe and to keep the rest of the world safe as well.

6:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only half of our country want GWB in power. The rest of us realize how dangerour the man is and hope to limit the damage he will do over the next four years. I also hope that in 2008, we can work to repair our relationship with the world community. We all share this planet together.

dolphin
http://www.dolphinsdock.com/blog

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home