Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Friday, October 29, 2004

The Race Losing Face?

I am a big fan of the Amazing Race. It is one of the only reality shows where you really need a half a brain in order to win. This show wins Emmy awards, it is a good show. So in order to stay on top the producers have decided to Sex it up for season 6. I have to say I am really dissapointed. Here is a blurb from the article:
The cast of the new season, premiering Nov. 16, will include five models, a former Playboy Playmate, two spinning instructors and a former striptease aerobics instructor.
Now I am all for Playboy models and fitness chicks on TV, and striptease aerobics instructor, that sounds interesting... but couldn't one show just stick with real people trying to do somewhat real things? Survivor went the T & A route a while back, Big Brother is all about sex, Fear Factor should be called "Hot Chicks Doing Gross Things Factor", and on and on... Women even go on the Apprentice just to become sex symbols, or so it seems. Oh well, I guess I will just have to try to find a smart former Playboy Playmate to cheer for when The Amazing Race 6 goes on the air...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pete,
I agree, by using only sexpots, they take any reality that existed completely out, in my opinion. I probably won't even watch the next Amazing Race with a cast like that. Too bad.

Kris
clouth2000@yahoo.com
http://wondermom.blogspot.com

4:01 PM

 
Blogger bobbie said...

i agree, that was truly one of the best shows for the reason that 2 bowling moms really almost made it to the end, if they can do it, anyone can do it.

i don't want to watch some bimbo's trying to catch pigs in mud - sorry, i know it will be a sweeps magnet, but it really seemed like a show that 'got it' and didn't pander. this seems very pandering...

4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home