Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Monday, August 16, 2004

Rooting against America

Is it the right thing to do? I am not sure, but it's fun!

I have to say, I was giggling like a school girl while watching Puerto Rico pick the US apart in basketball yesterday. It has nothing to do with the individual, it's just that they are American. And when I read a second ago that Ian Thorpe won gold in the 200 m freestyle, and that American Michael Phelps (who some had projected to win 8 gold medals), only managed the bronze, I found myself smiling. Now this guy is only 19 years old and I certainly don't wish anything bad for him, but, I just don't want to see the Americans win all the time. It was also sweet to see South Africa take the 4 x 100 relay in swimming...

I am not Anti-american I am Canadian ;-)


1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

Well, he does have some American blood in him, I think he may even have dual citzenship, that right Scotty? Anyway, I think that's why he is good at Baseball, Football, and Basketball pools but not so good at Hockey pools...

10:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home