Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Monday, August 16, 2004

Rooting against America

Is it the right thing to do? I am not sure, but it's fun!

I have to say, I was giggling like a school girl while watching Puerto Rico pick the US apart in basketball yesterday. It has nothing to do with the individual, it's just that they are American. And when I read a second ago that Ian Thorpe won gold in the 200 m freestyle, and that American Michael Phelps (who some had projected to win 8 gold medals), only managed the bronze, I found myself smiling. Now this guy is only 19 years old and I certainly don't wish anything bad for him, but, I just don't want to see the Americans win all the time. It was also sweet to see South Africa take the 4 x 100 relay in swimming...

I am not Anti-american I am Canadian ;-)


4 Comments:

Blogger ScottMackDaddy said...

Stupid Americans!
After the USA finished a disappointing 6th at the World Championships (on a team loaded with NBAers) everybody was saying the best Americans were coming out in 2004 for Greece to reclaim their spot.
Well, first somebody got injured, then someone got married, then someone else thought that security would be too dangerous.
These Americans are crying like a bunch of little schoolgirls...talent does not win flatout in international exhibitions, teamwork and defense are top priorities.
I am partially American, but when it comes to bball I am 100% Canadian

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Reido said...

Scott's an american?

8:26 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Well, he does have some American blood in him, I think he may even have dual citzenship, that right Scotty? Anyway, I think that's why he is good at Baseball, Football, and Basketball pools but not so good at Hockey pools...

10:12 AM

 
Blogger ScottMackDaddy said...

My mom was born in Boston, and lived there until she married my dad...she came up to Lakeside every summer as they owned the cottage there.
So anyway when I was a teenager we (my sister and I) applied for and received American citizenship.

2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home