Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Poker tournament that wasn't...

So it turns out that Saturday night's Poker game was just that, a game, not a tournament... There were a couple of games going on and a tournament so I was not sure what I was playing till I arrived. We ended up having 10 guys so we split it into 2 tables of 5, as soon as 3 were out we all sat at one table... To make a long story short, I played quite well and ended up in the last three... That is where my luck ran out, however, so that is where I finished, third. It was a winner take all game so no $$ came my way but it was a fun game...

Once that game was decided we started a second game, same format as the first one. And this is where my luck took a turn for the worse... A few hands in I get Queen Seven suited, and the flop brings out 2 more diamonds. It is a relatively small bet, so I stay in. The turn is another diamond, so I am sitting pretty. Then the player beside me goes all in... I really don't think he has any chance to beat me so I call right away, and it turns out he has three of a kind... I am pretty happy with my situation... until... the river gives him a full house and I am all done...

I wish we had the tv odds thing going on right then, because I must have been at least 4 to 1 favourite to win the hand... Maybe someone can calculate the odds for me ;-)

Oh well, you win some you lose some... no, wait, for me it is you lose some and you lose some more...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home