Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The beautiful lull, the dangerous tug...

We get to feel small from high up above.

The concert Friday night was excellent. What a show. The Tragically Hip have got to be one of the hardest working bands around these days. Gord Downie was covered in sweat by the third song and there was no letting up, even through the second encore. We were hoping for a third, but I guess that is a little too much to ask.


It is hard to pick out a highlight of the show, I was dissapointed because one or two of my favourite songs were not played, but I was also happy to hear a couple that were a bit unexpected, like Gift Shop. I think the Tragically Hip have the best songs that contain what I like to call non-lyrics. Like in Gift Shop and Grace Too, you just get to make some sort of noises in your throat and you are singing along...

I am making a solemn oath that I will learn to play Little Bones on the guitar before I die. (well, maybe not the solo, but the intro anyway)


1 Comments:

Blogger John Q. Public esq. said...

hell any jobs up there, we are looking to get out before they send us to re-education camps... that and the sweet and kind Mrs. makes her living in rock n roll...

JQP

3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home