Welcome to my blog, make sure you leave comments!

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Canadian Pride

We are not loud about being proud of Canada, but when the good ol' US of A slights us (or extols us) we seem to be all over it:

The bad:

Fox axes O Canada from broadcast

The Good:

WB network full of Canadian talent

Some more little tidbits:

* Mark Cuban, the Dallas billionaire behind ABC's The Benefactor, is a big Toronto booster. "I love T.O., it's one of my favourite cities in the whole wide world," he said. "I love the attitude, I love the people, I love the character of the city, I love the diversity of the city." Get this guy to the next Canada Walk Of Fame event!

Cuban says he's in our town at least once a year with his basketball team, the Dallas Mavericks, plus he usually drops in on the filmfest each fall. "I wish I could be there once a month," he said.

* Kelly Osbourne has Canada's left coast covered. Her new ABC teen drama life as we know it shoots in Vancouver, which is quickly becoming one of her favourite cities.

"To be honest with you, Canadians are so much nicer than Americans. I'm probably going to get in trouble for saying that. The people there are just so nice and helpful." No argument here, Kelly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home